Quality and Innovation
Certifications and Awards
- A philosophy of responsible and proactive operation has garnered national and international recognitions for AHMSA and its companies.
- Outstanding among these are the multiple “Clean Industry” certifications issued by Mexico’s Evironmental Protection Department, the Environmental prize granted by the Mexican Chamber of Mining, and the Environmental Excellence Award, given by the Latin American Mining Organism.
- AHMSA’s hot rolling department was approved by the audit of the quality system, based on the European Standard EN 10025:2004.
- A national prize was bestowed during the XIII Electrical Power Saving Contest in the Large Industrial Enterprises category. AHMSA was recertified for three more years by the ISO-14001 standard.
- Integrated systems were established for quality, health and environment in Cold Rolling 1, Structural Shapes and Maintenance and Services.
- MICARE, MIMOSA, CEMESA, Hércules and La Perla were approved by the ISO 9001:2000 standard, without observations.